Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday: Fitness Fever?

It is with a sad heart that I look down at my sagging stomach and say out loud 'something must be done!' and thus it will be.  Despite having owned a Nintendo WiiFit since Christmas, although I've toned up, I've lost naff all weight.  Maybe that's because I'm still eating like a peckish gannet, who knows?  Anyway, it's time and I'll never fit into my Levi's demi curve skinnies size w30/l34 if I continue along this vein, so it all starts today, which quite frankly is a bit silly because it's Easter Sunday in two days time - doh!


Today I embarked on another fitness scheme, dusted down my Davina McCall workout DVDs, put down the mats, donned the trainers and went for it.  It was hard though and try as I might, I can't lunge to save my life, nor can I carry out 'high knees' interval training as it isn't good for me and I've no intention of being pushed around in a wheelbarrow because I've busted my joints good and proper.  I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow with sore limbs, but I don't care.  I'm planning to watch a DVD in a minute and sup a latte, which isn't the best aerobic activity one could ever hope for, but with the Duke and the Earl out visiting the Dowager Duchess in London, I thought it a good use of time, esp as the Duke always asks me to summarise a plot of a film he's not been watching for the past 63 minutes! Men!  However, I think I'll watch My Best Friend's Wedding because we're singing the opening medley from it at choir and I wish to remind myself of it.  I can't say that personally I'm a fan of weddings or indeed wedding-themed films as my own nuptials were pretty spartan - the dress I wore was purchased from BHS, barely fitted (eek!) and ripped during extensive arm waving on the dance floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment