Friday 12 July 2013

Some weeks are bad weeks

Yes they are and isn't that the truth?  Well, the weekend was a good one but I made the mistake of commenting on a Facebook friend's status and lo and behold, some of his rather stupid friends started being sarcastic back, I replied and then....well, I didn't read the thread, I merely deleted it.  I haven't a clue what happens to people when they get online - do they really think that the people behind the smartphone, tablet or laptop don't really exist in reality? 

On Tuesday I performed in my choir concert and although it was fairly enjoyable, I didn't really feel part of it.  I don't think it helps that I'm quite a bit older than the majority of the women and cannot get quite as excited as they do about stuff. 

On Thursday I had issues at work; a colleague whom I'd been bantering with suddenly turned odd and asked me to leave him alone.  Perhaps I went too far?  I'd always thought that it was reciprocal, but clearly not?  It's getting more and more difficult to tread the correct line between professionalism and fun in the corporate world these days.

Today was much better as I wasn't working and all of my social media interactions were good - we've got a group of five caterpillars as part of a butterfly game I'm reviewing on a major retailer's site and I have named the bugs after the five members of the seminal 80s band Five Star.  They're all doing rather well and Steadman seems to be clinging to the lid somewhat - good for him!  One of my Facebook friends commented upon the picture I'd uploaded stating that he would want to recreate the scene from Going Live when a caller rang up to ask 'Five Star Were So Shit?'  I replied that I'd be raising a nest of spiders and would name them after members of Matt Bianco.

Finally, I saw an amazing sight en route home from the shopping mall - the newly refurbished 'hobo benches' as I've dubbed them hosted something rather wonderful - a tramp eating a trifle.  Now that's something you don't see every day, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment